We are looking for a supply teacher in the Longton area, specialising in Year 1 primary education to fill a long-term supply cover. This role will start in January 2022 and will be ongoing until the end of the academic year.
About the role
You will have the opportunity to join teams of experienced staff with students who are eager to learn. You will need to have good knowledge of the Key Stage 1 syllabus, particularly that of year 1, and be confident at planning lessons for this accordingly. The year group is 1 form so you will need to be able to have the confidence to cover this, but your role will be supported by teaching assistants.
About the school
The school is based in Longton just outside Stoke-on-Trent and is rated 'Good' by Ofsted. Year 1 is a 1 form entry, with other year groups in the school being mixed or across 2 forms. The students are enthusiastic about learning, and arrive in the mornings happy and proud of their school. The outdoor facilities are popular with the students, and have been praised of Ofsted in their latest visit.
- Have a relevant QTS.
- Have or be able to acquire a DBS which is on the Update Service.
- Be able to secure relevant and recent work experience covering the last 2 years.
- Have the knowledge needed for planning and marking class work.
- Be an eager teacher with previous experience at a Primary School level.
- Be able to establish good relationships with both students and staff.
- Be able to understand different learning styles and adapt to this accordingly.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills with a polite and positive manner.
- QTS status.
- Referenceable experience in a Primary School Setting.
About ABC Teachers
What ABC Teachers offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.