Trainee Teaching Assistant
About the role
ABC Teachers is on the lookout for dedicated individuals in the Birmingham area who are eager to make their mark in the education sector and are ready to embark on an exciting journey as part of our National Teaching Assistant Programme. These positions are full-time and will likely commence at the beginning of 2024.
This role will include:
- Engage in four online training modules designed to prepare you for a career in a primary school environment.
- Benefit from dedicated support provided by a personal consultant who will align opportunities with schools with pre-existing relationships with ABC Teachers.
- Be available for full-time employment during school hours, specifically from 08:30 to 15:30.
- Undergo a paid trial week with a primary school including feedback at the end of the week.
About the school
This will be located at a number of primary schools in the Birmingham and surrounding areas, who are aware and keen to participate as providers of experience for the National Teaching Assistant Programme.
- Demonstrate unwavering enthusiasm and a steadfast commitment to childcare and education.
- Be ready to immerse yourself completely in the school day, embracing your new role with passion.
- Foster a positive collaborative environment through effective teamwork.
- Possess or be willing to obtain an Enhanced DBS check registered with the update service.
- Be available from 08:30 - 15:30 Monday through to Friday.
- Have referenceable experience from within two professional settings.
About ABC Teachers
What ABC Teachers offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.