ABC Teachers are currently recruiting on behalf of a SEND secondary school based in Coventry, for a SEND Teaching Assistant. This role involves working with children with PMLD, SLD /MLD and students on the Autistic Spectrum (ASD). You must have a keen interest to work with students with a range of needs.
About the role:
• Variety of positions – day to day supply, short-term and long-term positions available.
• Working in a special educational need’s secondary school with students with a variety of needs such as autism, moderate to severe learning difficulties, physical disabilities, and PMLD.
• Work with supportive teams and develop your skills and experience supporting young people.
• We must be able to reference work you have done in the past 2 years, which needs to include either working with children or with vulnerable adults in a care/support role
• Be passionate about working with young people and supporting their learning.
• Have strong communication skills with the ability to quickly build rapport with students.
• Able to obtain suitable references and a DBS check.
ABC Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About ABC Teachers
ABC Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What ABC Teachers offer
As a valued employee of ABC Teachers, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online training package.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a SEN Teaching Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across ABC Teachers, please contact our SEND team on 01543 228029.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.