ABC Teachers is seeking a Mathematics Teacher to work in a very rewarding role on a 1:1 basis. The Mathematics Teacher will be required to work in a secure unit with secondary aged students with mental health diagnoses. The unit is based in Birmingham and an immediate start is available.
- Teaching Level 1 Maths to secondary aged students who may have missed a lot of education
- Working on a 1:1 basis with the priority being building a rapport with the young people
- Full time with an immediate start
- Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position is Qualified Teacher Status
- ABC Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
- A well-established secure unit for young people who are experiencing mental health difficulties
- Small setting with a strong team and leadership
- Vocational education provided to help the young people towards full recovery
- Easily accessible from Birmingham, Lichfield, Walsall and surrounding areas
To be considered for the Mathematics Teacher position, you will:
- Ideally have experience working with children and young people with Special Education Needs and Disabilities
- Have suitable qualifications to teach i.e. PGCE
- Have strong communication skills with the ability to quickly build a rapport with students and staff alike
- Be non-judgmental and sensitive to the students' situations
ABC Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
As a valued employee of ABC Teachers, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online training package.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Mathematics Teacher who can enthuse, motivate and engage students then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across ABC Teachers, please contact our SEND team on 01214812230.
PLEASE NOTE: due to COVID-19, we are currently completing interviews and registrations online via secure web rooms. The technology we have put into place ensures that we can move forward with your application.