ABC Teachers are actively recruiting for a qualified teacher to fill a full time role in a school based near Leek in Stoke-on-Trent. This is currently a temporary role which will begin in September 2021, but has the potential to turn permanent for the right candidate.
About the role:
You will be delivering the curriculum to KS2 students who have SEMH and behavioural needs in a creative and engaging way. The school work with a therapeutic approach to learning, with a focus on students mental and physical wellbeing, and emotional stability.
The school upholds a very positive and supportive environment, and encourages students to embrace challenges to get the best out of their learning, and reach their full potential.
This is a great opportunity to work with a range of abilities and children from different backgrounds, to widen your skill set.
• Form positive relationships with students, and encourage their learning
• Strong behaviour management and communication skills
• Experience working with an SEN secondary or primary classroom or nursery setting (within the last 5 years) that we can obtain references for
• The ability to adapt to different teaching methods to suit pupils with all abilities and preferably a good knowledge of the curriculum
• Someone who can create a calm and positive learning environment
• You must hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
ABC Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About ABC Teachers
ABC Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What ABC Teachers offer
As a valued employee of ABC Teachers, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online training package.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a qualified teacher who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across ABC Teachers, please contact our SEND team on 01543 228029.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.