ABC Teachers is seeking an experienced Outreach Support Worker to work with a small group of hard to reach Key Stage 4 pupils. The role is full time and an immediate start is available. The setting is a Pupil Referral Unit based in Telford.
About the role:
- Outreach Support Workers will be supporting and motivating a small group of Key Stage 4 pupils with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs.
- Full time, temporary role with the opportunity to become permanent for the right candidate
- Working as a tight knit team to give these students the best opportunities for life after education - providing academic and holistic support.
- Enabling students access to an education that works for them where mainstream education did not.
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are referencable experience working with hard to reach young people.
About the school:
- A well-established Pupil Referral Unit (PRU) based in Telford - easily accessible from Shropshire, Wolverhampton and surrounding areas.
- A small and personable setting looking for an Outreach Support Worker
- Working on building students' confidence and self-esteem to take a better path in life
- A strong team ethos with supportive leadership, where the needs of the students always come first
- Have strong communications skills with the ability to quickly built rapport with students
- Be suitably qualified to work with children and young people
- Have previous experience working with young people who may have Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs
- Able to obtain suitable references and a DBS check
About ABC Teachers:
- A leading education company in The Midlands
- Excellent rates of pay paid by our in-house payroll team using the PAYE (pay as you earn) system
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Worker Regulations) to ensure you receive the pay and working conditions you are entitled to as an agency worker
- FREE career professional development and guidance through your education career
ABC Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
If you are an Outreach Support Worker who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across ABC Teachers, please contact Charnice on 01214812230.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.