ABC Teachers are seeking an experienced Science Teacher to work in a SEN School based in Birmingham and require a Science specialist with experience in teaching students with special educational needs to start ASAP.
The minimum requirement for this position is a suitable qualification to teach Science i.e PGCE, with valid QTS
Working with secondary aged students with additional needs, including Autism and associated special educational needs. You will plan and deliver engaging and varied lessons to KS3 & KS4 students.
To be considered for the Science Teacher position, you will:
- Be suitably qualified to teach Science and have QTS, additional qualifications to work with students with SEND is extremely desirable.
- Have previous experience working with students with Autism and associated conditions.
- Have strong communications skills with the ability to quickly built rapport with students.
- Be able to work as part of a team and be confident dealing with occasional behavioural challenges.
ABC Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About ABC Teachers
ABC Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and
What ABC Teachers offer
As a valued employee of ABC Teachers, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Science Teacher who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across ABC Teachers, please contact our SEND team on 0121 4812230.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.