Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are;
• Experience of working as a Science Technician, preferably, within a school-based setting.
ABC Teachers, part of TES, are looking to recruit a Science Technician, to work in a ‘Good’ secondary school in North Birmingham for a maternity cover for September 2020.
The Successful Science Technician will be working on a full-time basis. As a full-time Science Technician, you will be responsible for laboratory chemicals and equipment, assisting the Science department with lessons and helping students during experiments during lessons.
This is a fantastic opportunity if you are a Science Teacher who fancies a change in job role, or an experienced Science Technician looking to further progress an extremely rewarding career in a school setting.
A ‘Good’ mixed-gender secondary school based in South Birmingham.
To be considered for the Science Technician position, you will:
• Have experience of working as a Science Technician, preferably, in a school-based setting.
ABC Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About ABC Teachers
ABC Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company Tes Global.
What ABC Teachers offer
As a valued employee of ABC Teachers, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (to commence when schools re-open, subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE online EduCare training package worth £390, including 38 accredited safeguarding and duty of care online courses.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Science Technician and are interested in this role, we would love to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across ABC Teachers, please contact Lewis or Matt from our Secondary team on 01543 228011. Alternatively, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.