Science Technician (Grade 2)
ABC Teachers are working with an exceptional school in North Birmingham looking for a full-time Science Technician (Grade 2). The role is due to start in September 2020 on a temporary basis for up to the whole academic year. Call Lewis on 0121 481 2231 for more information.
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are a recognised Science Technician qualification, or experience in working within a secondary school in a science department.
Temporary position from September 2020 to April 2020 with a potential to extend. The role itself will be full time 5 days per week.
Working within the science department of an exceptional school in North Birmingham carrying out all the roles and responsibilities of a full time science technician.
• Behaviour is good, and pupils are respectful
• Relationships between staff and pupils are highly positive
• Strong culture of safeguarding within the school
• Exceptional travel links make for an easy commute, with onsite parking.
To be considered for this role you will,
• Have a recognised science technician qualification.
• Be willing to be flexible to meet the departments needs
• Have reference-able experience, and a full DBS.
ABC Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About ABC Teachers
ABC Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company Tes Global.
What ABC Teachers offer
As a valued employee of ABC Teachers, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (to commence when schools re-open, subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE online EduCare training package worth £390, including 38 accredited safeguarding and duty of care online courses.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a science technician and have previous experience of working in secondary schools, we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across ABC Teachers please contact our Secondary team on 0121 481 2231
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.