MLD Secondary Teacher required for a specialist SEN school located in Rowley Regis that has recently been rated outstanding by Ofsted.
The role will look to begin in January and will be on an ongoing supply basis with the potential for it to go permanent. You will be working with secondary aged pupils, specifically years 7 and 8, who have moderate learning difficulties and Autism. We require someone who has lots of experience teaching within a special needs environment – specifically moderate learning difficulties, as well as someone who is flexible and will take the initiative and hit the ground running.
You will be a confident individual who is creative with your teaching and a great communicator; you will also be able to convey the curriculum in a fun and engaging way. You must be willing to be a first-class ambassador for yourself as well as for ABC Teachers.
About the Role
· Key stage 3
· Work will run from the beginning of January up until the end of the academic year and could go permanent
· This is a full time role
· The role will require lesson planning.
· Competitive daily rate depending on experience.
About the School:
·Large school that is very well organised.
· Students eager to learn.
· Well-established reputation within the community.
· School has recently had an outstanding Ofsted inspection report
· Strong and supportive leadership that expect high-quality teachers.
· Located in Rowley Regis with easy access links
What to do next
· Click to apply today! Or contact Richard Stonehouse by sending your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01543 410500 to discuss registering with us further.
· To be considered for this position you will be required to attend a face to face registration and hold an enhanced DBS check in Child Workforce. You will need to pay for this upfront, but once you are fully registered, have uploaded this onto the Update Service and have worked 1 full day with us then we will reimburse you the cost. At the registration we will discuss in more detail the work that you are looking for, your experience to date, and also how we are going to work best for you.
· We will need to gain academic references to cover the last 12 months, one of which must be a school based reference. Our compliance team have a rigorous safeguarding and clearance process and this is how we know we are working with the best possible team of staff to employ in our schools.
· Once you are fully cleared for work then you will be contacted by your consultant who will be able to tell you more about the roles currently available and what may be suitable to yourself. Each of our consultants covers their own individual areas across from the Midlands and across Staffordshire. We also have a second office in Loughborough where they cover the East Midlands area.
· ABC Teachers are an REC Gold Standard Awarded Education Agency, part of TES. Candidates pay rates are competitive and in line with the AWR policy which means that after a qualifying period, supply teachers can be paid to the comparable scale offered by the school.
· We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. All staff will hold an enhanced DBS disclosure (or be prepared to allow us to process one for you), need to provide professional or academic references and attend a face to face interview. A prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. Telephone calls to and/or from ABC Teachers may be recorded for training, safeguarding and compliance purposes.